The 6th Joint Conference on Informatics in Biology, Medicine and Pharmacology (IIBMP2017)
- September 27-29, 2017
- Hokkaido University
This is the 6th edition of the joint conference on Informatics in Biology, Medicine and Pharmacology, which started in 2012. It aims to promote integration of Information Science and three branches of Life Science – Medicine, Biology and Pharmacy.
The conference provides an opportunity for researchers to present the results of those works that analyze genetic information of living organisms by various different approaches in such areas as Biology, Medicine, Pharmacy, Evolutionary Biology and Information Science. It is thus expected to be a forum for exchanging and discussing research results, knowledges and ideas across boundaries in a wide spectrum of research areas.
The organizers of the conference are a group of researchers and faculty members from: Hokkaido University; Hokkaido Information University; Tohoku University; Tokai University; National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology; and Research Organization of Information and Systems.
The Organizing Committee includes:
- Toshinori Endo (Chair), Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
- Naoki Osada, Associate Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
- Kanako Koyanagi, Associate Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
- Ichigaku Takigawa, Associate Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
- Kimihito Ito, Professor, Research Center for Zoonosis Control
- Manabu Igarashi, Associate Professor, Research Center for Zoonosis Control
Global Station for Big Data and Cybersecurity (GSB) sponsors the conference jointly with:
Japanese Society of Bioinformatics (JSBi); Japan Association for Omics-based Medicine; and The Chem-Bio Informatics Society.